Hosted by Lauren @ Love is not a triangle, Heather @ The Flyleaf Review, Asheley@ Into the Hall of Books
Summer Series Challenge
June - August, 2013
Are you having trouble keeping up with all the series you're in the middle of reading?
Do you ever wonder when you're going to manage to read all of the series that you haven't even started?
If you live in the northern hemisphere, summer is on it's way! For me there's nothing more indulgent and summery than reading books in a series in one big chunk, one right after another. And who doesn't love the feeling of accomplishment when you finish a book series while sunning yourself at the same time? This year, Asheley, Heather and I want to encourage you to focus some of your outdoor reading time on book series.
The Summer Series Challenge is a three-month-long opportunity to complete unfinished series you've already started. Or read through series that are now finished, but you have yet to begin. Even better, consider reading an entire series all at once.
|Beach + Books = Summer|
1. Complete finished series that you've started but have yet to go back to.
2. Read a finished* series in its entirety.
NOTE: This is a completely individualized challenge. You set and monitor your own goals, though we will be posting reminders and helpful topics along the way. We also love discussion! Don't miss our hashtag #serieschallenge to follow all of the fun.
Summer Series Challenge Rules:
- The Summer Series Challenge begins June 1 and runs through August 31. Books must be read or listened to within that time. We will count audiobooks.
- Anyone can join the challenge, but you need to have some place that you can publish reviews in English – blog, Goodreads, Amazon etc. - for your reading to be counted towards the giveaways.
- Although there are no genre restrictions on the books you choose, they have to be part of a series. That means no standalones.
- Companion books in a series will be counted. For instance Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry series or Miranda Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series are fine.
- The purpose of this challenge is to encourage readers to finish completed series. That means the series you choose need to be fully published. You cannot count debut series that only have one book released.*
*We will make an exception for unfinished series that have at least 3 books released. For instance, Megan Whalen Turner’s Queen’s Thief series has 4 books released though 6 are planned, so those books would count.
- Make a list of all the series that you've started but have yet to complete. Highlight the ones with books that have already released.
- Make a list of series that you haven't started yet. See mine HERE.
- Follow the twitter hashtag #serieschallenge
- Grab our button:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.loveisnotatriangle.com/2013/04/summer-series-challenge.html" title="Summer Series Challenge"><img src="http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/nurseasheley/Blog%20Tours%202013/summerserieschallengebutton_zpscfcf493d.gif" alt="Summer Series Challenge" style="border="0" width=175;" /></a></div>
This event is being hosted by Asheley @ Into the Hall of Books, Heather @ The Flyleaf Review and Me @ Love is not a triangle <<< Follow our blogs and tweets for more information to come!
Although you will be seeing posts across all of our blogs, You only need to sign up for the challenge on one of our sites to be registered.
The Summer Series Challenge runs June - August, 2013. More information about giveaways and prizes will be coming when the event begins.
If you don't have a blog, link to your Goodreads page or wherever you usually post reviews.