I don't know who started this meme,
but I was tagged by Lindsey @ A Bookish Sinister Kid!
Four names people call me other than my real name:
1) Loren. I call myself LAUren, but a lot of people call me LOren. For some reason it feels different to me, though it doesn't bother me.
2) Lauray. This is my husband and my celebri-couple name (Lauren + Ray). We were given it in college, and I currently use it for my twitter name. Though it makes people think my name is Laura.
3) Friends called me BW or bookworm in elementary school. Nothing much has changed there.
4) LoLa. This is sort of self inflicted, but I often sign things LoLa (Love, Lauren)
Four jobs I've had:
1) Flower propagator at a greenhouse - this was my first job. I spent the summer covered in dirt.
2) Camp counselor - I was a counselor at Camp Westminster for 2 summers. I worked in the barn with the horses and loved this job.
3) Bank Teller - through college
4) Marketing at a museum in Salem Mass.
Four movies I would/have watched more than once:
1) All Harry Potter movies
2) The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (with Ben Stiller) - I've watched this many times recently.
3) Never Been Kissed - my sisters and I were obsessed with this movie.
4) Indiana Jones
Four books I'd recommend:
1) Written in Red (The Others Series) by Anne Bishop
2) The Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner - The King of Attolia is my favorite, which I just re-read again at Christmas
3) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
4) Jellicoe Road (or ANYTHING by Melina Marchetta)
Four places I have lived:
1) Houston, TX
2) Rotterdam, Holland
3) Aberdeen, Scotland
4) Stone Mountain, Georgia
Four places I have been:
1) Killarney, Ireland
2) Santa Fe, New Mexico
3) Orvieto, Italy
Four places I'd rather be right now:
1) At the Pantheon in Rome
2) On the beach someplace warm
3) Visiting friends in Seattle, WA
4) Getting a massage
Four things I don't eat:
2) Nuts (dislike, not allergic)
Four of my favorite foods:
1) French fries
4) Chocolate chip cookies
Four TV shows that I watch:
1) The Masterpiece series on PBS - mostly classic and some mystery (Sherlock)
2) Curious George
3) Modern Family (occasionally)
4) I've basically had to choose between reading and TV watching, and reading has won. Plus I never last more than a few seasons into a show before I can't handle it any more. It becomes all about how much drama they can add to keep the series going. Books are a better fit for me, because they typically have a more concrete end.
Four things I am looking forward to this year (2015):
1) Walking normally again!! I broke my toe this month and it's still bothering me. Hopefully it will be better in a few more weeks.
2) Warmer weather
4) So many 2015 releases! The Ruby Circle, Every Move, Winter etc. etc.
Four things I'm always saying:
1) "Let me just finish this chapter"
2) "Get down from there!"
3) "I hate love triangles"
Four People I tag:
1) Danielle @ Love at first page
2) Jen @ YA Romantics
3) Asheley @ Into the Hall of Books
4) Summer @ Blue Sky Bookshelf
I love this post Lauren! I too dislike mushrooms, you will always find me taking my mushrooms off my pizza and giving them someone else to eat!, I love the four things you're always saying, mine is normally let me finish this page, and of course several pages later I'm still reading! And I didn't know you lived in Holland and Scotland! How cool is that?ReplyDelete
You got to live in Scotland and Holland? Lucky! Was it cold? I'm with you on avoiding the olives, and yay BEA!ReplyDelete
I hope your toe feels better soon!
I think the difference between LOren and LAUren is just a regional pronunciation, don't you? Like, if your name were Pecan (which would be tragic, because you hate nuts), you might call yourself PEE-can because you're from MA, but I'd call you Pee-KAHN because I'm from Chicago. (I'm trying to justify why I actually do call you LOren. It's not my fault! It's a Midwestern thing!)ReplyDelete
Aw. I ADORE this post, Lauren :D You are all kinds of amazing. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :) And aw. I adore your nicknames. My nicknames are kind of awful, at least I think so, lol :) Grandma calls me for Rina sometimes, and sister has called me for Blærina when she's angry at me ;p So no "real" nickname for me. And oh. You have lived in so many amazing places :D Is jealous. <3 I've only lived in Norway :p but three different towns :) Loved all the questions. You are awesome. <3ReplyDelete
Haha this is funny! Haha I love the things you always say, especially the love triangles one ;) Oh no! Sorry about your toe :( Mexican food is the best as is Modern Family. I'd so rather be on the beach somewhere right now! Awesome postReplyDelete
Hee, this post was so fun to read :) I love to see Written in Red by Anne Bishop in there ;) I love that series with fervent passion!!! I've always been meaning to read the Queen Thief Saga. Hopefully I can get to that soon!! And damn, you've lived in Holland and Scotland? :O :O Those are really nice places I want to go someday!!! So jealous xoxoReplyDelete
Faye at The Social Potato
You lived in Scotland? I didn't know that! Yay for Scotland! Loved this post. You're adorbs.ReplyDelete
Thanks for tagging, love! We have some of the same answers, esp in regards to book recs. :DReplyDelete
I love Mexican food too, btw. We'll have to go to a place in NY. :)
I can't believe you've lived in Scotland - that's amazing.
LOL! I love your things you're always saying "just one more chapter"...we're all pretty guilty of that. And dying at you and your husband putting a celeb name together ;) too cute! Ugh, you've traveled to awesome spots...outside the US too! SO JEALOUS! And that's so awesome you worked at a museum in Salem! I've always wanted to go there for the history :) :) And you and Andi better save me spots on your couches for ALAMW next year!! I so wanna be thereReplyDelete
I love this post! I wonder where it started.... off to figure that out. I'd love to do this quiz.. just might do it anyway without needing to be tagged.ReplyDelete
I love Aberdeen! So fantastic that you lived in Scotland--I lived in London several times so the UK is like my second home! I am also an avid watcher of Masterpiece--Sunday nights are set apart just for that! I'm a recent transplant to MA so looking forward to visiting your blog more. Also excited that you will be at BEA--I'm planning to go!! -@KatePoseyPhD @ Bookish IlluminationsReplyDelete