Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
Top Ten Books and Authors For Which I'm Thankful:
This is an impossible list to create, because I am thankful for ALL THE BOOKS and ALL THE AUTHORS. But here are a few of my THANKS from this year.
1) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - If someone asks me what my favorite book is, I tell them THIS one. Seriously, there is so much goodness in here. I've re-read it several times and I love it again and again.
2) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Twilight introduced me to the magic of young adult fiction, and for that I will ever be grateful. I also have a very close group of IRL friends that formed because of this book series, and is now about so much MORE than just reading. My life wouldn't be the same without them.
4) Elizabeth Fama author of Monstrous Beauty - One of the first authors I've ever met, and I am so thankful it was someone so enthusastic and welcoming. Actually, I met her entire family and they are the BEST. It was so fun to hang out with them - and pretend I was part of their family for an evening. (Read about the event HERE)
5) Maggie Stiefvater for writing The Scorpio Races. I love all her books, but that is my favorite. And for being such an engaging storyteller in person. She's one of three authors I met this year, and I am thankful for writers who enjoy meeting their fans. Plus she drew a picture in EVERY person's book with a smile on her face. That is some stamina.
6) Melina Marchetta - I have loved every single book that she's written. MM is one of those authors that speaks to me on a deep level. I love the way she uses words and creates characters. (See my recent gushing thoughts about Quintana of Charyn) I hope she keeps writing forever.
7) British Authors - This is an extremely broad spectrum, but so MANY of my favorites come from the British Isles. I'm not sure what it is, but this land breeds great writers. Roald Dahl, Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Sophie Kinsella to name a very few.
8) There's a Hippopotamus on our Roof Eating Cake by Hazel Edwards - I love children's books and I read a lot of them now. This is one of my absolute favorites from childhood. I loved it unconditionally, no critical thinking required.
9) Slammed by Colleen Hoover - I am thankful for ebooks which have bread self-published/indie books. And authors that write what they love and aren't afraid to put their books out there. I've loved many, but this is one of my absolutes. And one of the several that has been picked up by a major publisher!
10) Cynthia Hand and Cassandra Clare for writing love triangle books that I like. Though maybe I should wait until the Unearthly and Infernal Devices series are complete for final judgement.
What books and authors are you thankful for this year?
To Kill A Mocking Bird! I should have added that to my list! Man, that book changed my way of thinking!ReplyDelete
For me as well.Delete
Yes for Brits! hahaReplyDelete
HAHA. Yes indeed. I am very thankful for them.Delete
Melina Marchetta kepp haunting me. Everybody praise her, I really should read some of her books. Nice picks. :)ReplyDelete
Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
Top Ten Authors I'm Thankful For...
YES. DO IT.Delete
What a lovely post! I am going to have to think on this theme and come up with my own list. Though it of course includes the BRITS, my homegirls Jane and Charlotte! And Stephenie....without her, we might never have become BESTIES and that I simply cannot imagine! (YAY TEAM EDWARD!;)ReplyDelete
I LOVE you too friend!Delete
I adore Melina Marchetta. I considered putting her on my list but she's sort of a solid feature of my top ten tuesdays... I love her. And she's the loveliest person. I was lucky enough to meet her a few years ago and she was just so down to earth and appreciative of her fans.ReplyDelete
Great list :)
I completely understand, I write about her constantly, as well. And I am jealous that you've met her. ONE DAY.Delete
Love your reasons. :) I read Outlander last winter and I'm thinking maybe this winter I'll curl up with Dragonfly in Amber; they definitely require some commitment! And oh yes on the love triangle in Infernal Devices *cough*TeamJem*cough*. Great list!ReplyDelete
Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee & Bookmarks
HAHA. I'm planning on reading Dragon Fly in Amber this winter as well, I totally know what you mean about commitment and - both emotional and timewise.Delete
Wonderful Top Ten, Lauren! Like you, I am SO thankful for a plethora of these books and authors - Stiefvater, Harper Lee, and Marchetta to name a few. I feel as if they've changed me and shaped me into the person I am, so you can't be more thankful than that. :) Happy Thanksgiving, dear!ReplyDelete
I love Stephenie Meyer's books and oh--To Kill A Mockingbird! I read that around Thanksgiving a couple years ago and LOVED it! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!ReplyDelete
Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf
<3 Outlander :) So glad it brought all of us together.ReplyDelete
YES! I am so grateful for that experience.Delete