Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
Top Ten Books and Authors For Which I'm Thankful:
This is an impossible list to create, because I am thankful for ALL THE BOOKS and ALL THE AUTHORS. But here are a few of my THANKS from this year.
1) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - If someone asks me what my favorite book is, I tell them THIS one. Seriously, there is so much goodness in here. I've re-read it several times and I love it again and again.
2) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Twilight introduced me to the magic of young adult fiction, and for that I will ever be grateful. I also have a very close group of IRL friends that formed because of this book series, and is now about so much MORE than just reading. My life wouldn't be the same without them.
4) Elizabeth Fama author of Monstrous Beauty - One of the first authors I've ever met, and I am so thankful it was someone so enthusastic and welcoming. Actually, I met her entire family and they are the BEST. It was so fun to hang out with them - and pretend I was part of their family for an evening. (Read about the event HERE)
5) Maggie Stiefvater for writing The Scorpio Races. I love all her books, but that is my favorite. And for being such an engaging storyteller in person. She's one of three authors I met this year, and I am thankful for writers who enjoy meeting their fans. Plus she drew a picture in EVERY person's book with a smile on her face. That is some stamina.
6) Melina Marchetta - I have loved every single book that she's written. MM is one of those authors that speaks to me on a deep level. I love the way she uses words and creates characters. (See my recent gushing thoughts about Quintana of Charyn) I hope she keeps writing forever.
7) British Authors - This is an extremely broad spectrum, but so MANY of my favorites come from the British Isles. I'm not sure what it is, but this land breeds great writers. Roald Dahl, Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Sophie Kinsella to name a very few.
8) There's a Hippopotamus on our Roof Eating Cake by Hazel Edwards - I love children's books and I read a lot of them now. This is one of my absolute favorites from childhood. I loved it unconditionally, no critical thinking required.
9) Slammed by Colleen Hoover - I am thankful for ebooks which have bread self-published/indie books. And authors that write what they love and aren't afraid to put their books out there. I've loved many, but this is one of my absolutes. And one of the several that has been picked up by a major publisher!
10) Cynthia Hand and Cassandra Clare for writing love triangle books that I like. Though maybe I should wait until the Unearthly and Infernal Devices series are complete for final judgement.
What books and authors are you thankful for this year?