Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish
Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger
I've only been blogging for the past 8 months, and since that time I've exponentially increased the amount of books I've read in my life. Thankfully, though so many of my most favorite books of all time were read before then. Here are some of them.
Also, there are several of these that I have reviewed on my blog, but it was well after the first time I read them.
1) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - If you ask me what my favorite book is, this is the book I will tell you. I re-read it ever so often to reconfirm that fact, but I still LOVE this one so much. Scout and Jem and Atticus and Boo Radley steal my heart every time.
2) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I really don't have much to say about this classic, except that if you've read it, you know what I mean, and if you haven't read it, you really should do that now.
3) Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw - I love ancient Egypt and this story set during the reign of Hatshepsut and features an incredibly detailed setting that came to life for me. I loved exploring the landscape, all the intrigue and the romance of course. This one is fine for Middle Grade but I read and adored it as an adult.
4) Rebecca by Daphne DuMarier - A stunning and creepy gothic tale. I've read this one twice several years a part, and both times I was completely addicted and surprised by the events of the story. If you have yet to visit Manderlay, it's about time.
5) Can you Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella - Don't judge me for this book. I tried to put some on this list that I don't talk about all the time. I read this one at the beach a few years ago and LAUGHED so much. People thought I was crazy. I know Kinsella isn't for everyone, but she is perfect for pallet-cleansing. The heroines are all similar, but that's one of the reasons why I love them so. Thankfully, this one isn't quite as stressful as Shopaholic.
6) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - This is another one that needs no explanation. It was my first Marchetta and I cannot say enough about how much I love this book. Her writing and characters speak to me.
7) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - This is actually the first book that I reviewed on my blog. BUT I first read it 9 months before I started blogging, so that totally counts. Definitely in my top five favorite of all time along with The Jellicoe Road.
8) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - Something about Mafi's crazy writing style and her addicting characters, really grabbed me. This is one of the few books that I have actually pre-ordered, at least debut books. Also, TEAM ADAM.
9) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - A truly magical tale of love and a circus of course!
10) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - This is an incredible love story, a truly inspiring story of unconditional love and faith and healing. I cried buckets while reading this one - in a good way!