The Summer Series Challenge has begun!
Lauren @ Love is not a triangle
June is here, and that means the Summer Series Challenge has started!
If you don't remember what this event is all about, here's a reminder about the Objectives and Rules. If you're familiar with all that, scroll down for the PRIZES.
Summer Series Challenge Objectives:
1. Complete finished series that you've started but have yet to go back to.
2. Read a finished* series in its entirety.
NOTE: This is a completely individualized challenge. You set and monitor your own goals, though we will be posting reminders and helpful topics along the way. We also love discussion! Don't miss our hashtag #serieschallenge to follow all of the fun.
Summer Series Challenge Rules:
- The Summer Series Challenge begins June 1 and runs through August 31. Books must be read or listened to within that time. We will count audiobooks.
- Anyone can join the challenge, but you need to have some place that you can publish reviews in English – blog, Goodreads, Amazon etc. - for your reading to be counted towards the giveaways.
- Although there are no genre restrictions on the books you choose, they have to be part of a series. That means no standalones.
- Companion books in a series will be counted. For instance Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry series or Miranda Kenneally's Hundred Oaks series are fine.
- The purpose of this challenge is to encourage readers to finish completed series. That means the series you choose need to be fully published. You cannot count debut series that only have one book released.*
*We will make an exception for unfinished series that have at least 3 books released. For instance, Megan Whalen Turner’s Queen’s Thief series has 4 books released though 6 are planned, so those books would count.
On to the Good Stuff: PRIZES
What can I win?
June: $15 gift card to Amazon (or The Book Depository if INT)
July: $20 gift card to Amazon (or The Book Depository if INT)
August: $40 gift card to Amazon (or The Book Depository if INT)
We will also be giving away BOOKS along the way!
How do I win?
First you have to enter the Summer Series Challenge through the linky above. Once you do that, write your own goals post (you don't have to make one, it just gives you more points! For examples, see my post or Hannah's AMAZING post) and start reading books. Get more entries every time you link-up a review to the form below. We will include the rafflecopter and link-up form in every Series Challenge Friday post.
1) Remember, you have to actually read the books you count in the months of June, July or August. Although I wrote a review for The Bitter Kingdom this week (That is the final book in a series), it doesn't count towards the challenge because I read it in May. Maybe you read the first two books in a series and wrote reviews for them last year. You can't use them for entries.
2) You get one entry for each review you write. Although the series has to be complete for it to count for the challenge, you can get a point for each book in the series that you read and review during the summer. If you start a 3 book series and write a review for each book, that's three entries. If you start a 3 book series and only write a review for one of the books, or write a series review after you finish all of the books, that's only one entry.
3) Although the point of the challenge is to finish reading the series that you start for the challenge, that's something that you can monitor on your own. If you start the Jessica Darling series and only read 3 book during the summer, although there are 5 total, you can still link up your three reviews.
4) Length of reviews: We'd like for your reviews to be at least a paragraph long, but we're not going to be picky about them. This is a challenge for you, so we don't want to stress you out!
5) We will leave the monthly linky open for 5 days past the end of the month. If you read a book at the end of June, you have a few extra days to write your review.
Even if you don't have any reviews to link-up, tell me how the first week of the challenge has been for you.
Have you read any books that qualify?
If not, what series do you plan to tackle first?
Tweet us at #serieschallenge
Tweet us at #serieschallenge
Link-up your June reviews and series goals posts