Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
I'm actually pretty neurotic about finishing series once I've started them. Traditionally, I tend to read them straight through, because I like to keep the momentum of the story going. However, recently I've been spacing them out more, which always makes me nervous because I'm afraid I'll never get through them all, especially if there are lots of books already released.
I am actually in the middle of 25+ series, but most of them are ones that haven't released all the books - so they don't count for these purposes. Because I don't have a lot of unfinished series to list, I also wanted to list some of the (mostly) completed series that I would like to start.
Series I haven't finished but plan to complete:
1) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - I read the first book this summer as part of an awesome read-along but it was extremely long and emotional, so I just couldn't handle going right into the next one. I plan to keep reading, but there are so many books released already in the series and they just get longer and longer, which has me quite overwhelmed!
2) Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness - HOLD ON Todd and Viola, I'm coming back to you! I've read The Knife of Never Letting Go and hope to finish this series this fall.
3) Uglies by Scott Westerfield - This is an example of a series where I read the first book and just haven't made it back to read the next two. Also, I really didn't care for the heroine in Uglies, though I've been told I will like her more in Pretties. I hope to finish these soon.
Series I haven't finished because I just couldn't keep going:
4) Millennium trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) by Stieg Larsson - I will admit to being very hooked on the first story. But did not care for the main character's caviler attitude about relationships, and the level of sexual violence portrayed completely freaked me out, so I couldn't read the next two.
5) Nightshade by Andrea Creamer - This is a love triangle that I could not stand. All I remember about the first book in the trilogy is the main character making out with a different guy in each chapter. It made my head spin. However, I will admit to being interested in who Calla picked, and then going on line to find out what happened in the last book. I don't feel bad for doing this, or for not finishing the series. (Don't judge!)
6) Hush Hush trilogy by Becca Fitzpatrick - I read the first book and really didn't care for the heroine - or Patch for that matter (sorry!). Maybe I'll pick it up again one day and finish the series.
(Mostly)* completed series I haven't started, but want to:
7) Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - The movie is coming soon! Hopefully I can get to this series before it comes out and all the library copies of this book get checked out.
8) Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent - This one has been on my radar for a while now, but the series keeps getting longer and longer and I don't have time to commit to it all now.
9) River of Time by Lisa Tawn Bergren - Several bookish friends have told me how great these books are (and how swoonworthy the guys!).
10) The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Turner - I'm a bit embarrassed that I haven't read this one, but I plan to remedy that soon.
What series have you not finished?
What other series should I be reading?
* I picked series where there are at least 3 books released.